Since I had never been to a wedding show before, I had pretty low expectations. In fact the Mid-Atlantic Green Wedding Showcase was great!
Here were the highlights:
- Jen and I got to create some beautiful spring arrangements. The perfect fix for all this SNOW!
- Marina and I got to meet two LoCoFlo brides that booked with over the phone but that we had never met. Thanks Meredith and Lianne for stopping by.
- We met loads of great couples that were committed to having green, sustainable weddings –that included using locally grown flowers!
- The FOOD! Who knew that there would be such great food! Sticky Fingers Bakery provided cookies, brownies and the best, dang, fake chicken sandwich I ever tasted. The only thing that could have been better would have been their devil dogs. Besides Sticky Fingers some other great food vendors were there including our friend Paul Dongarra from Dionysus Kitchen.
- Our booth was right next to the EcoBar…thanks to Jordan Faye Block of BE for treating us to Posmos. They were so sweet and delicious!
- Just being around the positive vibes of so many like minded people made the day really great.
Thanks to Jen Bryant for helping me create such beautiful flower arrangements for the event and thanks to Marina for coming to help at our booth. It was great fun and we’ll definitely be back next year!