The hot weather had arrived just in time for the longest day of year!
This week’s CSA bouquets are filled with
- Purple Campanula (bell like flowers)
- Dahlias (red in this photo, some people got orange or pink)
- Yellow Yarrow (be sure to smell this one! it’s got a really unique scent!)
- Orange Asclepius (this is one of my favorite Summer flowers)
- Safflower (the green “flowers”. They are still in the bud stage which we love. It may bloom orange).
This week your Asclepius came from our friends at Plant Masters down in Gaithersburg.
Husband and wife farmers, Carol and Leon Carrier have been farming for over 30 years. They grow flowers and plants and can be found at The Montgomery Farm Women's Cooperative Market year 'round and The Olney Farm Market (Sun 9-1 @ MGH grounds 5/9-11/7) and The Potomac Farmer's Market (Falls & Democracy,Thurs. 2-6)
Leon and Carol are always so generous with their flower knowledge. We love working with them!
Now that the weather is getting hot, be sure to keep your flowers in a cool spot out of direct sunlight. Keep them filled with water (add water every day) and change the water every other day.
Enjoy the flowers! Happy Summer!